What is Concrete Foam Lifting?
Concrete foam lifting is a method of raising sunken or uneven concrete slabs by injecting expanding polyurethane foam underneath the slab without having to remove the concrete. The foam expands and lifts the slab, filling any voids or gaps in the soil beneath the slab and maintains the structural integrity of the once uneven concrete slab. Foam Jacking, or polyjacking, might be an overall more expensive method of concrete lifting than mudjacking, but it is also far more precise and less messy of a procedure.
How Does Concrete Lifting Work?
Concrete foam lifting is a relatively simple process. First, small holes are drilled into the concrete slab. Then, a polyurethane foam is injected into the holes. The foam expands and lifts the slab, filling any voids or gaps in the soil beneath the slab. The foam is then allowed to cure, and the holes are patched. Concrete foam lifting is a relatively fast and accurate process. It is also a cost-effective solution for raising sunken or uneven concrete slabs.
The Benefits to Concrete Foam Lifting
There are several benefits to using concrete foam lifting, or foam jacking, to raise sunken concrete, fix uneven concrete slabs, or repair cracks in your concrete. Some of these benefits include:
- Speed: Concrete foam lifting is a relatively fast process. In most cases, the entire lifting process can be completed in a matter of hours usually within one day.
- Accuracy: Compared to other concrete lifting methods, foam jacking is a very accurate process. The foam can be injected to raise the slab to a precise level.
- Durability: The foam is very durable and will not shrink or crack over time.
- Cost-effectiveness: Concrete foam lifting is a cost-effective solution for raising sunken or uneven concrete slabs.
When to Choose Concrete Lifting
Concrete foam jacking can be used to improve the structural integrity of concrete slabs that are in poor condition, such as when slabs are sunken in, uneven, or have become cracked over time on the surface or deeper. Concrete foam lifting is a good solution for a variety of situations, including:
- Sunken concrete slabs: Concrete foam lifting can be used to raise sunken concrete slabs that have been caused by settling, erosion, or other factors.
- Uneven concrete slabs: Foam jacking can be used to level uneven concrete slabs that have been caused by uneven soil conditions, weathering, heavy impacts, or other factors.
- Cracked concrete slabs: Concrete lifting can be utilized to repair cracked concrete slabs by filling the cracks with foam.
Planning for Concrete Lifting
The cost of concrete foam lifting will vary depending on the size of the slab, the extent of the damage, and the location on the property. However, concrete foam lifting is typically a relatively affordable solution for raising sunken or uneven concrete slabs. It may be a more costly option compared to mudjacking, but it is much more accurate in fixing and lifting concrete, as well as being a cleanlier alternative.
Concrete foam lifting is a safe, effective, and affordable way to raise sunken or uneven concrete slabs. If you are experiencing problems with sunken or uneven concrete, concrete foam lifting may be the solution for you.
If you are interested in learning more about concrete foam lifting, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today for a quote. We would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you determine if concrete foam lifting is the right solution for your needs.